Friday, September 11, 2009

okay its been a while since ive posted a blog and i figured people would want to know what i have been doing. so, i went to Miami first on Sept 3rd. i had to stay there for like two days for orientations and things like that but it was actually not that bad. there were only two other americans going to peru so it was a nice little group. i left for Lima, Peru on what...? the 5th i think that sounds right. Anyways, when i got into lima i had to go throught customs which was scary because i had to do it all by myself in spanish.. you gotta remember i am not in the united states anymore! So, i got through customs and everything and then i found the person who was supposed to pick me up. I was thinking that my host family was going to be waiting for me somewhere or something but nopeee.. i had to go to ANOTHER orientation but it was in chaclacayo, which is a small town i believe but it was nice where i stayed. it was really boring but it was important things that i need to know so it was useful.. but on to the exciting part :) Then i got to take a 6 hour bus trip from Lima to Chimbote.. it was long and i was nervous the whole time because i knew for a fact that my family would be there waiting for me.. and they were! surprisingly my spanish isnt that bad.. i expected to do much worse. anyways, i am in my new house now and i start school on monday. i LOVE.. ABSOLUTELY LOVE my family. they are absolutely amazing and i am so comfortable here.. AFS could not have placed me with a better family. i have 3 sisters and a brother and a mom and dad and i already love them all very much :) well, i am about to go shopping with my sister for some things and to my colegio for my chumpa (jacket for school) !! ill write another post soon :)

Love, Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nuevo Chimbote, Ancash, Peru
Hi, I'm Kim and this is the blog I'm going to keep for my Peru journey, stay so stay posted! If you would like to know more or anything, my email is kimberlymilner@hotmail !!