Sunday, September 13, 2009

mas!


things in peru are SO SO SO SO different from the united states.. like, you just wouldnt believe. yesterday i went out with my sister and her friend evelyn.. we were trying to find something to do because we were sooo bored.. surprising on a saturday night in peru huh? yeah, well we ended up just walking around and i was hungry so i bought a hanburguesa (hamburger). it made me miss home because their american food is not good.. ill just stick to the delicious peruvian food..yummm.. but when i go to the mercado (market) it makes me sick because theres dead chickens and guinea pigs and everything you could imagine.. ughhhh and i hate looking at that stuff.. and i feel bad sometimes because i am very picky so when my family asks me "kim eat this.. kim do you want this .." i always say no because i dont like it :( .. also, my mom (there is a picture of me and her on the right) made fish the other day and i didnt eat any because frakly, i dont really like fish. especially WITH THE SKIN STILL ON IT AND BONES STILL IN IT. seee... its so different from the united states.. when my mom there cooks fish, she fillets it and takes all the bones out.. i guess these are just things i will have to get used to.. and also, we dont have a car here so i have to take motortaxis or taxis, but theyre cheap like 1 or 2 soles which is not even a dollar.. i have sooo much to say, :P i am glad to be here but i also miss the united states (something i thought id NEVER say; ask my parents, theyll tell you) but i start school tomorrow so i guess we will see how that goes.. ill keep you posted :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nuevo Chimbote, Ancash, Peru
Hi, I'm Kim and this is the blog I'm going to keep for my Peru journey, stay so stay posted! If you would like to know more or anything, my email is kimberlymilner@hotmail !!