Thursday, October 8, 2009

ect...!!

There are a lot of things I didn’t mention in my previous posts because I didn’t have the time at that moment so I’ll take the time to fill you in now. The picture of me and the two guys, which is my brother and my dad! We were all in the front of the house at 11 in the morning with my sisters Melissa and Fiorella and their boyfriends Gustavo and Jorge. Sad to say, Melissa and Jorge aren’t together anymore L it was sad to see her after the break up, she was crying... I am coming to the conclusion that my family here is actually really different than my family in the US. At first I thought they were a lot alike. There are still some similarities but not as much as I thought. There are more rules here, but there are rules about different things. Things I had rules about in the US I don’t have here... and vice versa. My parents in the US pretty much have restrictions on where I can go, with whom, and what time I will be back (also, grades.) Here they are different because I don’t really have a time I need to be home; when I go out with my sister, we usually leave around 10:30 or 11:00 (that would NEVER happen in the US, believe me.) and come home around 4 or 5 in the morning, which, again, would NEVER happen in the US. Another thing, everyone here has a Nextel. I have one but I never use it. I never thought I would have a cell phone and not use it! Another thing, I really miss baking! I have grown to appreciate supermarkets in the US because there are not really any here… just in the bigger cities like Trujillo and Lima and it’s hard to find things like chocolate chips for making cookies! About school, I understand nothing about Trigonometry J haha… I guess I will figure it out eventually. I am doing better and better with my Spanish. Now, I can almost understand everything without asking them to repeat it or anything! I also found that it is hard when people are having a bad day because they seem to get annoyed with me easily because I ask a lot of questions all the time (not just in Spanish, I used to ask a lot of questions in English also) I am really learning a lot of things here. Things that I didn’t even think I needed to learn before I came here. I know this year is going to be full of excitement; both good and bad. I MISS RUSSELL!!! I’m sorry if you don’t know who that is, he is my ex boyfriend in the US L I listen to music here a lot to get my mind off things if I need to… well, I will try and take more pictures of my city and the places I go so you can get a glimpse of the life I live here in Peru! Peru is actually really pretty! The structure of the streets is confusing, though. For example: I live off the main street of Argentina in the Urb. of Santa Cristina. Most of the stores in Nuevo Chimbote are on the main street of Pacifico. That street is walking distance from my house, so I got lucky! I didn’t realize how much I hadn’t said! Well, until next time J

Kimberly Milner-Loli Vargas

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nuevo Chimbote, Ancash, Peru
Hi, I'm Kim and this is the blog I'm going to keep for my Peru journey, stay so stay posted! If you would like to know more or anything, my email is kimberlymilner@hotmail !!