Thursday, April 8, 2010

LIMAAA CAPITAL DEL PERU !!

hey everyone !!

lately ive been doing alot more , which is exactly what ive been wanting :) i went to lima with my host moms sister ( mi tia ) to her house for a little over a week . it was during 'semana santa' which is easter week in usa . while i was downtown lima i got to see a ceremony - type thing with the virgin mary , everyone was in the street and it was really moving to see all those people there for the same casue/ reason . i took a video !! it was really cool because it was unexpected. i just happened to be in the right place at the right time . the next day i went to a water display called ' parque de aguas ' it was REALLLY pretty , and it was telling kind of a story of peru .. i took a video of that also !!

i had a really nice time even from being in the taxi and observing everything with my aunt it was also really nice to get a break away from my house in chimbote.. which i think i needed at that moment . but dont get me wrong , i ABSOLUTELY love my host family and i wouldnt change them now if i could .. no way . my aunt that i stayed with had different values and costoms .. which is surprising because it is the sister of my host mom so i thought they would be something alike but nope .. COMPLETELY different . maybe it has something to do with the people they married or their life after just being at home helping mom , or high school . . it just puts my mind to work how thing work out and why . and i wonder how much im going to change..

FOOOOD !!! my aunts food was way different also .. well since her husband is from japan she made things with alot of soy sauce.. it was something different that im not used to so i liked it :)



MORE TO COME SOON .. going out to eat pizzzza =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nuevo Chimbote, Ancash, Peru
Hi, I'm Kim and this is the blog I'm going to keep for my Peru journey, stay so stay posted! If you would like to know more or anything, my email is kimberlymilner@hotmail !!